Policies and Procedures
Membership includes access to state-of-the art wellness centers, free group exercise classes, indoor pools, outdoor water park, gymnasiums, racquetball courts, rock climbing wall, lower fees on programs and classes and much more!
Monthly Young Adult (age 18-29) $ 35
Individual $ 49
Individual Plus Dependents $ 58
Two Adult Household $ 69
Family/Household $ 75
Family/Household Plus $ 98
All types $ 50
Note: above pricing does not include tax
Fees are payable by monthly e-pay or annual payment. NO COMMITMENT, your membership will continue until you complete a 30-day written notice to stop your e-pay membership.
We are calling on our existing members to help us strengthen and help our community become healthier by inviting their friends and family to join the Y. As a way to show our appreciation for helping us to reach our goals, the Y will give back 20% of the cost of both of your memberships.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States without restriction or blackout periods.
- When visiting a Y, nationwide members will be required to show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data such as name andemail address
- Nationwide members visiting other Ys for a period greater than 28 days must transfer membership affiliation for continued use
- Program-only participants (including Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit or other like programs) are not eligible for nationwide membership.
- Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc., are not eligible.
- Visiting members are not permitted to bring guests.
- Visiting members pay the non-member rate on programs.
- We reserve the right to limit access due to capacity at the Outdoor Waterpark, please call in advance
Child Watch is a free service to members for children 6 weeks to 10 years. We provide a safe, fun environment for up to 2.5 hours per day. At least one parent, custodian, or guardian of each child must remain on the premises and accessible at all times.
Personal Coaching/Personal Training
Personal training is available at all branches for an additional fee. For liability reasons, we do not allow members, outside trainers or coaches to privately instruct other members or guests on YMCA property.
Full members and program participants may register for classes online during specific dates indicated online. Registration opens for members two days before registration opens to the public. Members and program participants are required to register for most programs, even those with no fees. If fees apply, they must be paid at the time of registration. Fees will not be prorated due to late registrations.
There are no make-up classes or refunds/credits due to missing class.
General Membership Policies
The Great Miami Valley YMCA is a not-for-profit organization committed to helping people reach their full potential in spirit, mind and body. We are here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The funds available for Financial Assistance are made possible through the generosity of our members and donors in our annual Annual Support Campaign. We believe a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the recipient has contributed to the cost of their YMCA involvement; therefore, applicants will be asked to pay some portion of the fees.
Thirty-day written notice is required for all cancellations, this must be done in the branch. If rejoining occurs after 60 days, an activation fee will apply.
Credits and Refunds
Refunds will not be given once a class begins, as spaces are limited and the reserved spot could have been taken by another participant. If the Y cancels a program or class, the participant will receive an online credit or refund for the amount of the program.
Closings, Contacts and Expulsion Policy
All locations are closed Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, open limited hours on New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. All locations except East Butler are closed Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. The Y closes during Level 3 Emergencies.
The Y collects email addresses to communicate electronically with members and participants. If you do not wish to receive YMCA e-communications, choose the “unsubscribe” option when you receive your first email.
Expulsion Policy Circumstances
Expulsion Policy Circumstances that may lead to permanent expulsion include, but are not limited to, physical harm to another person; sexually offensive actions or threat of such actions; confirmed listing as a registered sex offender; and/or any violent or improper behavior against another person. Permanent expulsion is reserved for situations where suspension will not adequately protect YMCA members, volunteers, program participants and staff.
Guest Pass Policy
Guests must be accompanied by a member over the age of 18 and bring a valid photo ID. Guests may participate in Group Exercise classes if space in the class permits, workout in the Wellness Center, swim or use the gymnasium. The YMCA reserves the right to limit or restrict guests.
• Members may bring a maximum of three individual guests or one family each day.
• A waiver must be signed by the guest. If the guest is under the age of 18, the accompanying member must sign the waiver.
• A guest may purchase a maximum of six guest passes per year.
Guest Pass Rates
Youth/Teen (17 & under) $ 5
Adult (18 & up) $10
Family/Household (2 adults & children) $15
Youth/Teen (17 & under) $ 10
Adult (18 & up) $15
Family/Household (2 adults & children) $20
• YMCAs are engaged in a National effort to upgrade and enhance our child protection policies. Because members of all ages share the locker rooms, please exercise discretion and modesty in regards to nudity.
- The YMCA prohibits any inappropriate behavior. Please report any such behavior to a staff person.
• Children must use gender-appropriate locker rooms or the family locker room.
- No cell phone usage is permitted in the locker rooms.
• The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Lockers are available for daily use during your visit. Please use your own lock to secure your belongings while you are using the Y facilities
• Locks left on overnight may be removed to allow use by other members. After 30 days, the contents of lockers will be donated to charity. Locker rentals are available at some locations for an additional fee.
The protection of members, volunteers and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the Board and Staff of Great Miami Valley YMCA.
The YMCA regularly reviews sex offender registries and denies access and/or membership to any person the YMCA learns is a registered sex offender.
Youth Facility Usage
Ages 9 & under: Must be supervised by an adult at all times
Ages 10-12: Lap swim, open swim - see Swim Test Policy Open gym Racquetball (Fairfield & Hamilton Central only) Indoor Track (Fairfield and Middletown only) Wellness Center, Youth Strength Training Center (Atrium only) & Group Exercise upon successful completion of Youth Wellness Certification Course
Ages 13 - 17: Lap swim, open swim - see Swim Test Policy Open gym - see branch for times Racquetball (Fairfield & Hamilton Central only) Wellness Center & Group Exercise upon successful completion of two wellness center orientations
Ages 15 - 17: Free Weight Room
Swim Test Policy
• All youth under 16 must be wearing wristband while swimming
• Swim Tests will be given to youth under 16 but can only be attempted once per day
• After completion of swim test, the child’s name will be recorded for future use.
• Can go anywhere in the pool
• Can use slide or diving board where available
• Children under 10 must still have a parent present in the pool area
• Ages 10-16 must have a parent in the pool area and the child must stay in shallow water while the parent supervises on deck.
• Children under age 10 are always within arm’s length of an active adult (18 or older) who is in the water with the child.
• One adult can have a maximum of three nonswimmers in their care.