So, for the last week or two, I've been slacking... Outside of attending my personal training sessions, I haven't been putting much time in at the gym. Shame on me!
I've decided that I need to create a list of reasons that I need to get up and go to the YMCA every day. That way, when I'm lacking motivation, I can look at the list and remind myself why I'm doing this, and get myself into gear!
- Weight Loss - Obviously, I'm VERY overweight. I don't want to be anymore... therefore, I must work out. The weight's not just going to disappear - I have to put the work in.
- Opportunity - This Transformation Project is an incredible opportunity, and I shouldn't squander it. Not everyone is lucky enough to get a chance like this. Everyone at the YMCA has been so helpful and encouraging, I can't throw that away or disrespect it by not giving my full effort.
- I'm Making Progress - In the time that I've been going to the YMCA, I've already lost about 15 lbs. Additionally, I've become so much stronger thanks to my personal training sessions with Adam. I can't just let that progress come to a standstill... I have to keep going!
- Stress Relief - Working out is a great way to take my mind off any stress I might be feeling. If I'm huffing and puffing on a treadmill, I don't have time to think about whatever might be bothering me, right?
- Health Benefits - As I'm sitting here writing this, I'm experiencing some discomfort in my lower back. There used to be a time where my first instinct would be to make an appointment with my chiropractor. However, now I know that I will probably feel better after a workout. I'm already looking forward to hitting the fitness center tonight so I can stretch and use one of the foam rollers on my back... I'm sure it will feel much better then... no doctor appointment needed!
So, those are the first few reasons that come to my mind. I am sure I will be adding to this list as time goes by... keep an eye out for updates!