PERSONAL TRAINING AT THE YMCA
Whether you’re new to the gym or have been around a while, working one-on-one with a Nationally Accredited Personal Trainer can help you break through barriers and achieve goals! The trainer will evaluate health history, lifestyle and perform physical assessments that measure your starting point to aid in designing a program that will help you safely start and maintain an effective exercise program.
Personal training: Work with your trainer in a traditional one-on-one setting.
Small group training (2-3 people): Work with a small group of new or old friends that share your goals.
Goals are always attainable. And we are determined to help you meet yours.
Complimentary 30 Minute Consultation
Take the first step toward reaching your personal goals and meet with one of our Personal Trainers for a complimentary Personal Training Consultation. It’s included with your membership!
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Small Group Training
Training doesn’t have to be a solo effort. We know that motivation sometimes comes with groups. You can surround yourself with others who are on a similar path to help keep you going. If you prefer, you can be a part of an incredible group experience by taking part in group training. Training starts with you, but it becomes something much bigger along the way.
Let us help you discover if a training program is the next step toward your goal. We offer free consultations for all members. Together, with one of our trainers, you’ll work on developing a program that you – and your goals – can say “yes!” to.
About YMCA Personal Trainers
Like you, Personal Trainers come in a variety of shapes and sizes with different backgrounds and experience.
At the Y, Personal Trainers have at least one thing in common—they have and maintain a Nationally Accredited certification through at least one health and fitness organization. In addition to national certifications, many trainers have special areas of expertise—like Barre, TRX, Running, Health /Nutrition Coaching, Functional Training, Weight Loss/Management, Corrective Exercise and Sports Performance Training.
Why Work With a Personal Trainer?
- You’re not seeing results
- Unsure of where to start
- You’re bored with the same old workouts
- You need a new challenge
- Education on how to exercise on your own
- Motivation and Accountability
- You have a specific injury or condition
- You’re training for a specific sport or event
- You need support and supervision
What You’ll Do
- Rev up a stale exercise routine with fresh approaches to your workout
- Break out of your fitness plateau – challenge yourself
- Reduce the risk of injury by learning proper techniques
- Stay motivated and committed to your exercise program
• Expert help in establishing realistic and attainable goals.
• Support in using your goals to develop an exercise program specific to your individual needs, health status and limitations.
• Guidance that will assure proper exercise technique, program design and progression to avoid common mistakes and exercise-related injuries.
• Ability and knowledge to integrate variety into your exercise program to avoid boredom and training plateaus.
• Provide positive encouragement, motivation, and accountability along the way.