The Y nurtures the potential of children through the YMCA's Youth Sports programming by strengthening character in our youth, engaging families, and building lasting relationships. Participants in these programs build skills, learn about teamwork, and focus on sportsmanship. Families are presented with second-to-none volunteer opportunities as coaches, team parents, and committee members.
Youth Baseball League
Season typically runs in the Summer, Baseball was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19
Itty Bitty | Ages 4-7 | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday
Youth | Ages 8-13 | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday
YMCA basketball promotes player development through practice and game play.
Registration: September 20th – December 6th
Season Dates: January 9 - February 27
Itty Bitty | Ages 4-5 | Co-Ed Teams | Practice/Games on Saturday
Starter Shots | Ages 6-7 | Co-Ed Teams | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday (games could also be on weeknights depending on number of teams and capacities)
Youth | Ages 8-15 | Single Gender Teams split by Age | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday (Atrium/Middletown ages 8-12 coed)
- All families will have temperature taken and have a wellness screening before entering the gym
- Maximum of two parents/guardians per player and siblings
- Parents/guardians must enter YMCA with the player; player cannot be dropped off
- Facial coverings are required for the spectators over the age of 10 to wear during the games. Players (over the age of 10) may remove their face covering while on the court.
- No drinks or food will be allowed; this goes for spectators and snacks after games.
- Only the two teams participating in a game are allowed in the gym. Next games must wait inside the car until the coaches say it's okay to enter the gym.
- Game Play
- Games will no longer be on the hour; a 15 minute cleaning period will take in affect after each game.
- There will be no handshakes after the game; the YMCA sports pledge will be read before the game with the two teams 6 ft. apart.
- Coaches, parents or Athletes will not be allowed to approach officials for any reason.
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- There will be a zero tolerance policy for any parent, coach or player who does not abide by the rules
- If a parent/guardian allows a player to play while sick they will be expelled from the league.
- If a parent/guardian does not follow the facial covering guidelines they will be asked to leave the gym and gameplay will be stopped until the parent leaves.
Learn how to play the sport, brush up on the rules, tactics and skills and most importantly - HAVE FUN!
This year we will be hosting a two-week flag football clinic at the East Butler County Family YMCA. Participants will learn different offensive and defensive techniques including how to catch and throw the ball correctly.
- Dates - October 17 & 24
- Hours - 9:00am -12:00pm
- Cost - $36/members, $91/non-members
We'll be observing the following precautions :
- Temperature taking at check-in
- Participant will be asked to wear a mask to the field (but not ON the field)
- Clinic being held outside
- Sanitizing stations will be set up around the field
Miracle League is a youth baseball league designed specifically for individuals with intellectual or physical challenges. Completely handicap accessible, the rubberized playing surface provides a safe environment where kids of all ages and abilities can be successful on the field of play. Held at The Joe Nuxhall Miracle Fields in Fairfield, Ohio, the nearly $3 million complex boasts state-of-the-art technology, including LED field lighting, a large video scoreboard complete with live video from the actual game being played, stadium seating for parents, families, and fans, a pavilion with restroom facilities, complete with concessions, music and sound system, and more! Admission is free, so stop by and support our Miracle League players this year!
Miracle League runs in the Spring and Fall. The Spring 2020 league was cancelled due to COVID-19, however we are currently registering for our Fall League which begins on August 22, with registration ending on July 31. In order to provide a safe environment for all, we have implemented the following guidelines:
**Depending on the amount of players, the season may be shortened, or have altered times.
- Health screenings upon arrival
- Family Member of player will be buddy
- If possible, players bring/use own bats
- Balls will be wiped down after each play
- Families will be designated an area to wait until player is up to bat
- Families bring own chairs
- “Staff” will wear masks
- Family members with player required to wear mask when near others
- Masks are strongly encouraged but not mandatory for players
- No concessions or water fountains
- No tunnel run at end of game – players tip hats to one another instead of “high fives”
- Social distancing required before, during and after game
Although this is going to be quite different than what we are used to, it is still our hope that everyone will enjoy their time at the fields! Please contact me directly at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to register.
Miracle League is supported by the Charles H. Dater Foundation
The YMCA Soccer program is a recreational and life skill developmental league focusing on fundamentals and team work.
Registration: January 18 - March 7
Season Dates: March 27 - May 15
Ages: 4-15 years old (boys and girls)
3-7 years old - $36 for members; $91 for non members
8-15 years old - $46 for members; $101 for non members