Basketball at the YMCA!
YMCA basketball promotes player development through practice and game play.
Registration: September 20th – December 6th
Season Dates: January 9 - February 27
Itty Bitty | Ages 4-5 | Co-Ed Teams | Practice/Games on Saturday
Starter Shots | Ages 6-7 | Co-Ed Teams | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday (games could also be on weeknights depending on number of teams and capacities)
Youth | Ages 8-15 | Single Gender Teams split by Age | One Practice During the Week & Games on Saturday (Atrium/Middletown ages 8-12 coed)
- All families will have temperature taken and have a wellness screening before entering the gym
- Maximum of two parents/guardians per player and siblings
- Parents/guardians must enter YMCA with the player; player cannot be dropped off
- Facial coverings are required for the spectators over the age of 10 to wear during the games. Players (over the age of 10) may remove their face covering while on the court.
- No drinks or food will be allowed; this goes for spectators and snacks after games.
- Only the two teams participating in a game are allowed in the gym. Next games must wait inside the car until the coaches say it's okay to enter the gym.
- Game Play
- Games will no longer be on the hour; a 15 minute cleaning period will take in affect after each game.
- There will be no handshakes after the game; the YMCA sports pledge will be read before the game with the two teams 6 ft. apart.
- Coaches, parents or Athletes will not be allowed to approach officials for any reason.
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- There will be a zero tolerance policy for any parent, coach or player who does not abide by the rules
- If a parent/guardian allows a player to play while sick they will be expelled from the league.
- If a parent/guardian does not follow the facial covering guidelines they will be asked to leave the gym and gameplay will be stopped until the parent leaves.