Membership includes access to state-of-the art wellness centers, free group exercise classes, indoor pools, outdoor water park, gymnasiums, racquetball courts, rock climbing wall, lower fees on programs and classes and much more!
Monthly Young Adult (age 18-29) $ 35
Individual $ 49
Individual Plus Dependents $ 58
Two Adult Household $ 69
Family/Household $ 75
Family/Household Plus $ 98
All types $ 50
Note: above pricing does not include tax
Fees are payable by monthly e-pay or annual payment. NO COMMITMENT, your membership will continue until you complete a 30-day written notice to stop your e-pay membership.
We are calling on our existing members to help us strengthen and help our community become healthier by inviting their friends and family to join the Y. As a way to show our appreciation for helping us to reach our goals, the Y will give back 20% of the cost of both of your memberships.
Nationwide Membership is offered as a benefit for all active, full-facility, full-privilege members. To participate, members simply need to maintain an active membership at their home Y; no additional fee is charged to participate.
NUMBER OF VISITS AND EXTENDED VISITS TO OTHER Ys Nationwide members may visit other participating Ys as often as they like, as long as they use their home Ys, on average, at least 50 percent of the time. If nationwide members have a family membership or some other inclusive membership arrangement and regularly use two Ys with the same frequency, they need to belong to the Y in the community where they live. Members wishing to end their membership must do so at their home Y.
Nationwide members—snow birds, college students, and seasonal residents, for example—may live in a region away from their home Y for an extended period of time. If they intend to live away from their home Y for more than 28 days, they need to transfer their membership and pay membership dues to the participating Y they are visiting; this Y then becomes their home Y while they are in temporary residence. Ideally, these members will place their membership on hold when they leave their home Y and, on their first visit to the Y in the new location, activate a new membership there. After the 28 days pass since their first visit, the visited Y can then require them to join.
Child Watch is a free service to members for children 6 weeks to 10 years. We provide a safe, fun environment for up to 1.5 hours per day. At least one parent, custodian, or guardian of each child must remain on the premises and accessible at all times.
Personal Coaching/Personal Training
Personal training is available at all branches for an additional fee. For liability reasons, we do not allow members, outside trainers or coaches to privately instruct other members or guests on YMCA property.
Full members and program participants may register for classes online during specific dates indicated online. Registration opens for members two days before registration opens to the public. Members and program participants are required to register for most programs, even those with no fees. If fees apply, they must be paid at the time of registration. Fees will not be prorated due to late registrations.
There are no make-up classes or refunds/credits due to missing class.
The Great Miami Valley YMCA is a not-for-profit organization committed to helping people reach their full potential in spirit, mind and body. We are here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The funds available for Financial Assistance are made possible through the generosity of our members and donors in our annual Annual Support Campaign. We believe a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the recipient has contributed to the cost of their YMCA involvement; therefore, applicants will be asked to pay some portion of the fees.
Thirty-day written notice is required for all cancellations, this must be done in the branch. If rejoining occurs after 60 days, an activation fee will apply.
Credits and Refunds
Refunds will not be given once a class begins, as spaces are limited and the reserved spot could have been taken by another participant. If the Y cancels a program or class, the participant will receive an online credit or refund for the amount of the program.
All locations are closed Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, open limited hours on New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. All locations except East Butler are closed Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. The Y closes during Level 3 Emergencies.
The Y collects email addresses to communicate electronically with members and participants. If you do not wish to receive YMCA e-communications, choose the “unsubscribe” option when you receive your first email.
Expulsion Policy Circumstances
Expulsion Policy Circumstances that may lead to permanent expulsion include, but are not limited to, physical harm to another person; sexually offensive actions or threat of such actions; confirmed listing as a registered sex offender; and/or any violent or improper behavior against another person. Permanent expulsion is reserved for situations where suspension will not adequately protect YMCA members, volunteers, program participants and staff.
Guest Pass Policy
Guests must be accompanied by a member over the age of 18 and bring a valid photo ID. Guests may participate in Group Exercise classes if space in the class permits, workout in the Wellness Center, swim or use the gymnasium. The YMCA reserves the right to limit or restrict guests.
• Members may bring a maximum of three individual guests or one family each day.
• A waiver must be signed by the guest. If the guest is under the age of 18, the accompanying member must sign the waiver.
• A guest may purchase a maximum of six guest passes per year.
Guest Pass Rates
Youth/Teen (17 & under) $ 5
Adult (18 & up) $10
Family/Household (2 adults & children) $15
Youth/Teen (17 & under) $ 10
Adult (18 & up) $15
Family/Household (2 adults & children) $20
• YMCAs are engaged in a National effort to upgrade and enhance our child protection policies. Because members of all ages share the locker rooms, please exercise discretion and modesty in regards to nudity.
- The YMCA prohibits any inappropriate behavior. Please report any such behavior to a staff person.
• Children must use gender-appropriate locker rooms or the family locker room.
- No cell phone usage is permitted in the locker rooms.
• The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Lockers are available for daily use during your visit. Please use your own lock to secure your belongings while you are using the Y facilities
• Locks left on overnight may be removed to allow use by other members. After 30 days, the contents of lockers will be donated to charity. Locker rentals are available at some locations for an additional fee.
The protection of members, volunteers and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the Board and Staff of Great Miami Valley YMCA.
The YMCA regularly reviews sex offender registries and denies access and/or membership to any person the YMCA learns is a registered sex offender.
Ages 9 & under: Must be supervised by an adult at all times
Ages 10-12: Lap swim, open swim - see Swim Test Policy Open gym Racquetball (Fairfield & Hamilton Central only) Indoor Track (Fairfield and Middletown only) Wellness Center, Youth Strength Training Center (Atrium only) & Group Exercise upon successful completion of Youth Wellness Certification Course
Ages 13 - 17: Lap swim, open swim - see Swim Test Policy Open gym - see branch for times Racquetball (Fairfield & Hamilton Central only) Wellness Center & Group Exercise upon successful completion of two wellness center orientations
Ages 15 - 17: Free Weight Room
Youth in Group Exercise Classes
Youth ages 10 -12 that have successfully completed the age appropriate Youth Wellness Certification are eligible to register and participate in Group Exercise classes at any Great Miami Valley YMCA branch. As the Youth Wellness Certification is offered only to full members, program members are not eligible to participate in group exercise classes until the age of 13. Just as in the Wellness Center,
parents/guardians must be present at all times during the time that youth are participating in Group Exercise classes. For more information regarding this policy, please contact your branch Health & Wellness Director.
*Youth must be 15 years old to participate in Strength Train Together*
Youth Fitness - Wellness Center Policy
10-11yrs - Purple Wristband
Must be a minimum of 56 inches
Must complete one 30 minute Cardio Orientation appointment with a Fitness Coach
Must be within arm’s reach of a parent/guardian at all times
Cannot use Jacob’s Ladder or Stair Climber
Atrium Family YMCA Only : Must complete 2 appointment, Youth Certification with a Fitness Coach so that they may also utilize the Life Fitness Equipment.
12-14yrs - Orange Wristband
Must be a minimum of 56 inches
Eligible for evaluation/approval to use Selectorized Equipment (weight machines)
Must complete 2 appointment, Youth Certification with a Fitness Coach
Must be with a parent/guardian when using Selectorized equipment,
Cannot use Jacob’s Ladder or Stair Climber
Certification may be challenged or revoked at any time due to inappropriate or unsafe behavior
15 + yrs - White Wristband Optional
Access to full Wellness Center, white wrist band optional (including free weights, Jacob’s Ladder and Stair Climber)
Please direct any questions or concerns to our Association Wellness Lead by clicking here.
Swim Test Policy
• All youth under 16 must be wearing wristband while swimming
• Swim Tests will be given to youth under 16 but can only be attempted once per day
• After completion of swim test, the child’s name will be recorded for future use.
• Can go anywhere in the pool
• Can use slide or diving board where available
• Children under 10 must still have a parent present in the pool area
• Ages 10-16 must have a parent in the pool area and the child must stay in shallow water while the parent supervises on deck.
• Children under age 10 are always within arm’s length of an active adult (18 or older) who is in the water with the child.
• One adult can have a maximum of three nonswimmers in their care.
Outside Coaches/Personal Trainers/Instructors
For the safety of our members, we do not allow members, outside trainers, instructors or coaches to privately instruct other members or guests on YMCA property. Any individuals not employed by the YMCA are prohibited from training or conducting business in a YMCA facility. Personal training is available at all branches for an additional fee. Any group of individuals participating in a workout together where a leader can be identified will be asked to cease immediately.
- Proper footwear and attire required. No open toed shoes, bathing suits, or other inappropriate clothes allowed.
- Please place all personal items in the locker rooms or other specified area.
- Food, drink or gum is prohibited. Water only.
- Please rack weights and return items after use.
- Please limit use of cardio machines to 30 minutes during peak times.
- Allow others to work in between sets.
- Refrain from using obscene or inappropriate language or gestures.
- Wipe down machines before and after use. Please spray towel, then wipe down equipment.
- Do not listen to music on speaker.
- Do not film/photograph other members.
- Please wear modest exercise attire.